Enjoy Every Moment!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Trying something new

Last night I got a wild hair and I started baking @ 10:00. I don't know why my creative juices don't start flowing until it's time for normal people to go to SLEEP, but that's just how I roll. I've been trying to reduce the fat in the recipe's I've been making to help our family be more healthy. (lots of them have been in desserts, so I don't know if that really counts:) You all know the trick to great Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies is:

1 Large can of canned Pumpkin

2 Spice Cake mixes

1 Bag Milk Chocolate Chips

Mix together. Form balls. Bake @350 for about 13 min.

(I'm all for super easy)


Well I've been thinking for a while, Couldn't I make similar cookies with applesauce? (I've been having a hard time finding canned pumpkin lately. Apparently last year wasn't the best pumpkin growing season according to a Wal-Mart Manager. At least that was his reason why they have not had it in since November of LAST YEAR) Anyhow.... Last night I got very adventurous and tried something new!!!

2 Cups Unsweetened Applesauce

2 Chocolate Cake Mixes

1 Bag Mint Chips

Mix Together. Form Balls. Bake @350 for 16 Min.

Now They aren't spongy like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, but they are rather tasty, if I do saw so myself!!! But you don't have to take my word for it Jeff, Madison and Kyle loved them too!!!!

Maybe, it's good to try something new every once in a while!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yummy! I love that you are a super health nut now! Please keep the healthy recipes coming! I can't wait to try these.

Jeanette Atkinson said...

I bet they only taste good because you are eating all that healthy crap!!!! JK JK

Jenn said...

Sounds weird but I might have to try that!