Enjoy Every Moment!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Slow and steady finishes the race... Hopefully!

I just finished the first of three runs in my fifth week of training for the 5K. And I am very surprised that I have been able to increase my running time each week. I'm learning to push myself just a little farther than I thought I could go each week, and I keep feeling shocked when I get home and have completed another round of what I thought was Impossible!!! I'm not fast. NOT AT ALL, but my goal does not include speed (or time for that matter) I just want to be able to run for the whole 5K! So... I'm hoping slowish and steadyish finishes the race!

4 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Way to go. Wish I could still run, I loved it!

Jenn said...

I think that's great! Congrats!

Becky Hancock said...

Very good!! How long is a 5k anyway??

Barbara said...

That is awesome!!! I just did a
5k a couple weeks ago. It felt so good to accomplish a goal. I'm sure you will do great!!