Enjoy Every Moment!

Friday, May 7, 2010

I did it! I Did It! I DID IT!!!

OK, like many people in January I evaluated my past year and set some goals to make some adjustments in my life, one being to be a better example of being healthy for my kids. (That and I wasn't going to buy pants in a size bigger) Well since January I have changed my eating habits to include much more fruits and vegetables and at least eight glasses of water every day (basically Weight Watchers). The result. I have lost 30 lbs. and I feel a lot better. As a Family we are making better food choices and we are moving more!!! Now, for the real reason for my Post this morning. I AM NOT A RUNNER. I watch my friends and neighbors who are in awe. Don't get me wrong I have TRIED to be a runner. I have even went out and bought running shoes and running outfits, I even have an arm band for my i-pod, but I am still not a runner. Now, typically when I try to run I put on my i-pod and try to run two songs and walk one, or after I get started I try to run one song and walk one, but I ALWAYS get a stitch in my side and I give up pretty easily and walk the rest of the way. This week wile running to get Erin's New Camera (YAY!!!) She told me that she and her sister-in-laws were going to run a 5K. I asked if I could tag along figuring This might motivate me into being the runner I always dream I could be. So I did a little research and today I DID IT!!! I completed my entire training without giving up and having to walk before I was supposed to. I know it's not much, but it's a start in the right direction, and if I've learned anything in my life it's that I just have to keep taking those steps toward my goals, and sooner or later I'll get there. I just have to keep moving!!!

5 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Congrats!!! I'm jealous!

Becky Darling said...

Great JOB!!!!! I wanted to do that this year with DAN, but we can all guess what the answer was!!! Maybe next year, YES next year!!!

Laura said...

You look great (guy even said hot) :) Great job

Erin said...

We did our baseline workout at the track yesterday, and I was surprised at how far I could run too!

Jenn said...

That's awesome! I am jealous because I am not a runner.=) I will have to start trying with you as my inspiration!