Enjoy Every Moment!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Before and After Kitchen!!!

In February Jeff decided it was time to start our kitchen Project!!!! We (and when I say We I mostly mean Jeff and Matt) removed the old tile and the path of carpet in our living room. Next I (I did help with the whole project, but Jeff and Matt did lots of the labor) sanded down and cleaned the cabinets and drawers and ripped out the wood spindles of the banister and sanded it down too and added bead board to the bar, Jeff Painted them with one coat of flat black paint and let them dry for 24 hours. I distressed them by sanding were they would naturally look worn and Jeff put on a coat of gel stain and wiped it off (so the exposed wood took the color of the stain and the black paint had a light coat on it) then let them dry for 2 days. Jeff then painted 2 coats of the finish and added hardware. Next Jeff and Matt laid the tile and removed our old counter top and replaced them with granite. Tom came and welded our new iron spindles and we put then into place. On President's Day we went and picked out our appliances (unfortunately so did A LOT of other people so we had to wait 2 more weeks for the project to be done so I decided to refinish the table too!) I sanded it down (seriously this was the worst part of the whole project because of the finish I had put on it previously) and painted it RED distressed it and stained it with two coats of finish.
I decided I wanted a new shelf so Jeff Built one and we stained that and got it hung!! Here are before and after pictures!!!!
BEFORE!!!


AFTER!!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Very fabulous!!!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Way cute. Guess that is why you haven't been blogging, you've been really busy! I love the table color! Can't wait to see it at the next FHE!

Jenn said...

It looks sooooo nice! Very cute! It looks so updated and fresh! I especially love the railing!=)

Barbara said...

VERY nice! Don't you just love handy husbands!! I need to come see! Plus I'd love to just see you.

Becky Darling said...

Looks AWESOME!!!! Now can you start blogging again??? j/k

Jenn's Evil Twin said...

I LOVE it!!!